Thank You To Our 2016 Sponsors
Losapio Law Office
Sunday August 28, 2016
The ninth annual Treasure Valley Rally (TVR) presents miles of real cross country mountain biking in the heart of Massachusetts. Lots of singletrack, much of it purpose built for mountain biking, decent climbs, plenty of technical challenge, and a grassroots vibe coupled with swimming, food, and races for all ages means a super fun day out for a great charitable cause.
The 1,600 acre Treasure Valley Scout Reservation in the center of Massachusetts is rarely open to the public yet offers a solid trail network that's been honed for MTB over the last 8 years by riders from the Team BUMS mountain bike club. We strive to provide a challenge appropriate to your ability with several course variants. The 10 mile main race loop will push you and your bike to your limits as the laps add up, but we have a shortened lap for novices, a much shorter lap for youth/first timers, and even a free small kids race through the woods.
Back to our original late summer date on a Sunday. A Sunday will help get all the Saturday workers there. Late August means the weather and water will be much nicer for swimming!
More course enhancements for sure.
We will continue with the phased discounts for early pre-registration.
- Free T-shirt to the first 100 racers pre-registered before August 12th so we can get the right sizes (no more guessing and getting stuck with lots of extras). If you miss that deadline we'll have extra shirts for sale.
- Sliding price scale: the earlier you register, the more you save. Price starts at $23. June 1 it increases to $25, July 1: $27, August 1: $29, race day: $35
Treasure Valley will continue to offer a MTB specific camp week to Boy Scouts. This is made possible by volunteers from Team BUMS and Downtown Putnam Cyclery.
Pre-ride will be offered Saturday August 27.
Continued Youth/First Timers shortened course at a discounted price ($10!). This course is targeted at youth ages 10 and up and others new at mountain biking. Kids course is still free and is targeted at ages under 10.
Like last year, we want to give riders distance options corresponding to the ability categories. Distances are along the lines of Novice: 8mi, Sport: 18mi, Expert: 20mi, Elite: 28mi.
Bikeman and Carver Bikes are raising the bar this year: TWO Carver 96er frames are in the prize pool thanks to them!
Looking for some more great sponsors this year to help us meet our donation goals.
All The Details
- Register online at BikeReg.com. Also, see the EFTA race page and while there, browse their site for racing rules, forums, category descriptions, etc.
- Treasure Valley Scout Reservation, 394 Pleasantdale Road, Rutland, MA 01543
- Map Links: Google Yahoo Full directions follow at the bottom of this page.
Also see our 2010 Google race area map for info on parking lots, local lodging, race course access points for non-race day riding, and more. We will have an updated one for this year's race coming soon, but most of the info on last year's map is correct, except for the course details.
- Note: Treasure Valley Scout Reservation is private property. The owners are graciously allowing both the event and a pre-ride. Normally, however, you would not enter the trail network through the main camp entrance. However, there is public access to the land via the Midstate Trail (yellow triangle blaze) crossings on East Hill Rd and Browning Pond Rd. The primary concern of the landowners is preventing the public from encroaching on the areas of camp that have buildings, shelters, tents, etc., i.e. any areas of camp that the Boy Scouts will be using. The course does go through these forbidden areas of camp and thus the restriction on using the course only on race day. There are plenty of other trails to ride in this area that stay away from the camp. Please be respectful of this policy or we jeopardize any possible future events and mountain bike activity there. Thank you.
- Sunday August 28, 2016
- Onsite event registration opens at 7:30am, closes at 10:30am. Streamline your race day experience by preregistering online.
- Racing begins at 10am (youth/first timers race) 11am (main race) and 12pm (kids race) -- See full racing category and starting time details at the BikeReg page.
- Event proceeds benefit the Mohegan Council of the Boy Scouts of America. Mohegan Council owns and manages Treasure Valley as a Scout camp and also hosts events open to the public like this race and Winter Trails Day. This event and its sponsors hope to increase awareness of the excellent resource that is Treasure Valley as well as generate interest in Scouting and mountain bike riding and racing. Funds raised will help with facility improvements to make the camp the best it can be. Read why we put on the TVR for what we've achieved through 2016.
Mobil (2mi north of TVSR on Rte 122, Rutland, MA),
Hess, Sunoco (7mi south of TVSR on Rte 9, Spencer, MA)
Still Four Corners (2mi north of TVSR on Rte 122, Rutland, MA),
Subway, McDonalds, Chinese, Big Y Supermarket (7mi south of TVSR on Rte 9, Spencer, MA)
Pine Acres, 508-882-9509
Pout & Trout Campground, 94 River Rd, Rutland, MA, 508-886-6677
Lake Dean Campground, 717 N Brookfield Rd, Oakham, MA, 508-882-3125
Coldbrook Resort & Campground, 978-355-2090
Bed and breakfast:
Rufus Putnam House, 508-886-0200
From the Mass Pike (Interstate 90)/Interstate 84
- Exit at Sturbridge Route 20 and go east. After approximately 1½ miles turn left on Route 49 toward Spencer and follow to Route 9. Turn right on Route 9 (east) and go approximately ½ mile to the traffic light and turn left on W. Main St (becomes Meadow Road) (on the corner there is a Big Y, Flexcon, Hess Gas Station and a cemetery). Follow Meadow Street approximately 2 miles to stop sign and turn left onto Route 31. Continue north on Route 31 past St. Joseph’s Abbey and the Black and White Restaurant. About ½ mile past the Black and White Restaurant turn left onto Barclay Road (a Treasure Valley sign is posted). Treasure Valley is 1 mile on your left.
- From Interstate 290 (from Marlboro and Route 495)
- Take Exit 18 (Lincoln Street) and follow signs to Lincoln Square (Route 9). Turn right on Route 9 (heading toward the Worcester Airport and Paxton). Follow Directions from Route 9 below.
- From Interstate 290 (from Auburn)
- Take Exit 17 and turn left onto Route 9. Follow Directions from Route 9 below.
- From Route 9/290 in Worcester
- Stay straight on Route 9 – picking up Pleasant Street (north)/ Route 122 toward the Worcester Airport and Paxton. Follow Route 122 past the airport, through Tatnuck Square. When you reach Paxton Center, you will see the intersection of Rte 122 and Rte 31 as well as a sign for Treasure Valley. Follow the sign by taking a left onto Rte 31 south. Follow Rte 31 for 2.1 miles then turn right onto Nanigian Rd. Follow Nanigian Rd to the end and turn right on Rockland Rd. Treasure Valley is 1/2 mile on your left.