Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:59 pm 

Last Sunday Billy,Justin,Derrick and I drove down to th the R.I. shore to attend a ride put on by the good folks at R.I. NEMBA. When I looked at a State map of the Burlingame Management Area I was, to say the least, somewhat skeptical of the quantity and quality of the trails. I was pleasently suprised (and tired) after being led on a really fun and varied 12 mi ride! Most of the trails were similar to the ones at Otis and T.O.T. down the cape but we rode a new trail (Sammy C Trail) that was super technical and really fun.
Not too many big hills,just the usual short steep ups and downs. I was able to ride the loop with my hard tail 29er 1x9. Did I mention that there was virtually no snow. I definately will put this place on my list of places to ride when our local area is burried in the white stuff. Over on the NEMBA forum there are a couple of helmet cam movies that really show the trail well.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:51 am 

Real Name (public): Rob Paton
Went to Burlingame this past Sunday with a few Bums, some Danielson Adventure Sports riders and some Wednesday Night Riders. Fred Bassett from Caster's Bike Shop in RI showed us around. Great place to mountain bike. Close enough to the coast to get a lot less snow than our area. And the bridges. Holy bridges. Posted a blog recap if anyone is interested in more (and hasn't alreeady caught it on FB).

http://pedalpushingpatons.blogspot.com/ ... -area.html

- Desmond Tutu

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews