Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews

Post subject: Diamond Hill XC trail
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:36 am 

Derek,Billy,Justin and I rode the Diamond Hill X C loop yesterday and , despite the rain, found this newly created single track trail to be a big workout and a bunch of fun. As seems to be the norm with our local trails, the beginning climb gets the heart rate thru the roof really quick but then the trail twists and winds over some very technical rock piles and ledges, more shorter climbs and some downhill trails that have "B" lines for us mere mortals to ride. The loop uses very little of the open double track that was the Greenway Challenge course a few years ago but it does use the trail that a few Bums build for that event. The whole loop is marked with white arrows and in some places are marked with either a black diamond or green circle as necessary. Total length is around 8 miles. I plan on going back again and, if I ever get fit, I may be able to avoid riding over my tongue on every uphill ! If you ride there for the first time beware of a couple of the stone wall crossings because they appear to be roll overs but are actually jumps with no ramp on the back side. The rocks and trees after these "crossings" showed evidence of some unintended soil samples! Luckily Derek was on his second loop and warned us.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:29 pm 

Real Name (public): John B
Rode the new loop yesterday plus another 9 miles across the street behind the old ski slopes. There are some great trails in that place. Had a blast! Going to visit DH many more times this year.

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews