Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews

Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:21 pm 

Real Name (public): John B
Mt Pisgah includes both Northboro and Berlin town lands. The trails are a combination of single and double track. Some of the cart roads are many years old (Berlin Rd for example). The Northboro (south side) has seen most of the recent trail building activity with some good technical singletrack. Vernal Pool and Howard Brook are two of my favorites. Everything is well marked and there are trail kiosks with maps both at the parking lot on Smith Rd and in several locations in the woods. Rocks and roots are plenty and some of the hills can be a grind, several of the hills can push you to your limit (both heart rate and ability to maintain traction). There are even some secret trails that are black diamond skill level stuff, you have to be on top of your game to clean these bad boys.

IN addition, there is some new single track that has expanded the area significantly. Details to follow.

Overall, a good place to get in a great ride/workout, you can get an easy 15 mile ride in with a wide variety of trails, just don't expect much smooth, buff singletrack, Pisgah is a bit on the rough side.

I give it 8 cranks for variety, 6 cranks for fun factor and 10 cranks for workout level.

Post subject: Re: Sunday 11/23 ride
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:52 am 

Real Name (public): John Goeller
Here is my New Map of Pisgah ( + Annex ) But the annex is incomplete at the moment. But it is got lots of good stuff on it

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:48 pm 

Real Name (public): Chris
Hello, would you be able to send me the gps track from that map. My dad lives right on crosby road and hyksos trails all the time. He's been looking for a nap for a while.

Thanks

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews