Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » Public Discussion

Post subject: Seems kinda dead here
 Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:29 am 

Real Name (public): Steve
I joined these boards to try and find a club I could do a occasional ride with and specifically because I noticed treasure valley mentioned. I'm a old boyscout who used to camp there and currently lives well within riding distance to there at least what I call riding distance I regularly ride to Spencer from Worcester to ride my old haunts infact i'm doing that again in the morning and spending most of the afternoon there. However i'm just not seeing anything posted at all and considering I just dumped over a grand into my old hardtail to get it ridable I would love to ride with a group and learn. My plans to get in shape and consider entering in the race at tv later this year as a ametur if i'm physically capable enough no mater what though ill be at the rally I would of been there in past years if I knew there was actual mnt bike racing in the area. I am about to drop another grand and go from a 3x9 to a 1x11 or most likely 2x11 drivetrain plus swap from bb7s to a full xt hydro system I want to push my bike to its limits and learn how to me riding alone isn't working i'm not pushing myself enough.

Think i might go lookup the blackstone valley nemba but i'm trying mostly to stay within a reasonable distance from worcester I don't drive and actually refuse to get my licence hence my interest when I saw tv listed. If you guys do ride there frequently and what it takes to join you guys is payup ill do it I just haven't seen any info noting that's what goes on. Ive checked the calender on the main page and its blank the only rides i've seen on the forums are areas I dont know how to get to or just cant due to my bike untill last monday was just a frame or because I was working.

Sorry about the long winded topic I tend to rant went I get in the mood to post I rarely post on any board im on.

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:58 am 

The Tuesday night TT's are in full swing with upwards of 20 +riders attending the current Sutton location. Close to a dozen members attended the recent Dirt Fest in PA this past weekend. I believe Laura hosted an club epic ride a weekend or two ago and there is the usual Weekday and Sunday moring rides that spring up by simply posting a time and location on the site.

Jumping into an event/ride is a good way of getting invloved but the best way to get the most out of the club is to host a ride on trails you know and suggest the pace (easy- race).

Happy riding.

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Real Name (public): Brett
Hi Steve,
Honestly you're probably better off learning the other areas that the club members ride just south of Worcester (Millbury, W. Millbury, Northbridge, etc). Treasure Valley is private property and has very limited access for the general public. CORI checked members of Team BUMS do have additional access though, which is nice, but the trails are expert level technical and very challenging. The real reason there are no rides posted west of Worcester is there's really nowhere to ride in that area. Spencer SF is mostly woods road and ATV/snowmobile width paths, very little singletrack. The area everyone used to ride out there outside of Rutland State Park is the Ware River Watershed and you'll be photographed/ticketed/fined/arrested if you find yourself on a trail in there, unless you're on foot or horseback. Keep an eye on our ride forum and ask questions if you need help finding a ride location.

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:13 am 

Real Name (public): Steve
Alright ill have to figure out how to get to some of the rides then i've always personally thought some of the trails in spencer are great i've been riding the ones behind knox trail for over 20 years but they are a bit narrow and I do see lots of dirt bike use I dont use the ones in the state forest. I ride out to hit those once a week there aint much only around 1-2 miles but there is a few side paths ive never tried to ride.

I did figured there had to be some extra requirement to riding in tv I used to ride a bit during summer camp there mostly after I left the scouts I would head in to go see some of my friends with my old scout troop and help out for a day or 2 every once in awhile when they still were going to tv for summer camp.

I am fully aware of the issues with Rutland State Park i've been monitoring it for awhile a good chunk of mt extended family live in rutland and a uncle of mine out there is a very avid dirtbiker.

I think im gonna invest in a garmin 810 looks like I could ride to grafton reasonably easily the towns only 11 miles from me my usual ride to spencer's 9 mile ea way so grafton shouldn't be to bad.

Post Posted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:29 pm 

Steve,

Call my cell if you are interested in riding closer to Worcester.
508-451-6997.

Joe

Board index » Public Forums » Public Discussion