Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » Public Discussion

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:52 am 

Real Name (public): Dan LaFrance
Im looking into the possibility of doing an extended ride 40+ miles which combines Sutton State Forest with Douglas State FOrest.

Im familiar with Sutton and I am wondering if the doubletrack that hooks around the south side of reservior 6 will eventually exit onto Putnum Hill Road. Then with a little bit of road, I can hook up to the "Ridge Trail" road on the north side of Douglas State Forest.

Thoughts? any recommended loops through Douglas once you get into the trail network?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:34 pm 

I think it can be done but it will include substantial explore/riding on unmaintained old woods roads and a fair amount of road riding. I bet Johnny B. has it all figured out.
Do you know you can create a 40-50 mile ride in the Douglas SP and Buck Hill area? All parkland and no road riding.
There might be a GPS of the Octoberfest Ride of a few years ago, Jess and Glenn Z did a great job of marking the turns and getting over 30 miles without going into RI or CT.
I hope you like rocks...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:47 am 

Real Name (public): John B
There are many miles of cartroad in the Sutton forest and if you know the way, you easily connect the Sutton MTB trails to Putnam Hill rd. There are also a lot of trails behind Tucker pond (across Putnam Hill rd) which eventually lead out to Manchaug rd. You could then loop around Manchaug pnd via road and catch the midstate trail on NW Main st in Douglas.

Board index » Public Forums » Public Discussion