Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Gear Reviews

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:30 am 

Real Name (public): The Codfather
Just got these charged up last night and all i can say is WOW, this is a LOT of F'N light!
And Value wise, an Unbeatable Deal! Team BUMS Member Price for the system is $405.00.
Thats 1200 lumen, 2.5 hour run time, that is going to be tough to beat.

the 400l with 2-cell battery mounted on my helmet is hardly noticeable once mounted.

The 800l with 4-cell battery mounted on the bars throws a great amount of light too.

Charge time is around 1.5 hours for the 2-cell and 3 hour for the 4 cell. pretty fast times.

Tonight it gets tested on the trail, look for an update tomorrow!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:39 pm 

Real Name (public): The Codfather
what can i say, wow this is a lot of light!

i had the fully charged lights on for a little over 2 hours last night on high. i should have stayed later and kept them on to check the full run time but, it was freezing. but there advertised 2.5 hours on the batteries when broken in, seem understated.

being my first ride with LEDs i was impressed with the amount of light. going from a 20 watt halogen to 1200 lumen of led is a big jump. although i am not a huge fan of the whitish/blue light from lLEDs, with my low light amber glasses on, it struck a nice balance in the color.

the 400l mounted on my helmet with a 2 cell battery adds some weight, but i didn't notice it. it was nice not having a cord dangling down my back! the 400l seems to have more throw down the trail then the 800l. i actually think the 400l is a bright enough to use by itself. he gave me 2 additional lenses for it, that will give more flood, but i haven't experimented with them, as i like the long throw of the stock lenses.

the 800l is not really a flood nor is it a spot. but it does have a ton of light. i have a helmet mount for it and i will at some point try it there, although the 2" diameter light might be a little large on the helmet.

use of the on off buttons was no problem with gloves, they are lit up on the 800l, and in the center of the 400l. the size of these light especially the 400l is amazing. the craftmanship is top notch, and the batteries are small and light. the velcro held the batteries to the helmet and stem despite by attemps to knock them off (ok, they were otb crashes).

the best parts were three fold, the price, location and the customer service. dinotte is famous for their LL bean like, no questions asked satisfaction policy. they are also great with upgrades, and recalls.

although personal preferences may lead you to other light systems, i say you could do no better then to Pick a System Up From Dinotte Lighting.

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Gear Reviews