Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews

Post subject: Harold Parker S.F
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 pm 

I rode the "Wicked Ride of the East" on Sunday. The ride was part of the NEMBA mtb adventure series. The ad for the ride said that there would be a 20 mile arrowed route so Billy,Justin and myself threw the bikes on the roof of my Focus and headed out for,what we thought, a quick cruise on some woods roads. But were we pleasently surprised! The loop that was perfectly arrowed was at least 75% rocky and rooty single track. Some trails were like a continuous trials section. It was like... quick turn, accelerate up a steep rooty hill to get enough speed to make it over the slippery ledge and then get behind the seat and drop off the ledge into a rocky run out and then turn again and repeat. I had a friggin blast!! At the end of the 20 miles I had about all the fun that my body could take. If you like a challenging ride Harold Parker S.F. has challenges in spades but without the arrows it would be impossable to duplicate the loop without a ride leader who knows the trails. This S.F has a campground that is right on the trails so next year I'm going to spend some time learning this area myself.

Board index » Public Forums » Reviews » Trail Reviews